Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feeling sick...

I'm feeling kind of down and out because I've been sick all weekend. I have to turn in an essay in Spanish on Pan's Labyrinth and then right afterward I have to attend a meeting for the student committee. It's the first one of the year and it's stressing me out a little because even though I had asked for the food awhile ago nothing was ordered. Tonight I have to order sandwiches and salad and get them to the room before the meeting ends, which is a challenge because delivery guys tend to be completely confused by the campus setup.

I'm feeling bleh and incredibly jealous of an old friend of mine who seems to literally have it all but complains anyway. She has an incredibly well-paying job, owns a condo in DC in a very nice neighborhood, has time to exercise (which I do not), and can afford trips to California (while I cannot even pay my rent on time). Yet, she complains about not feeling challenged at her job and being "bored" at work.

Maybe, I just need to do more things for myself that I used to like doing. The issue is that here in NJ without a car, it is incredibly difficult. Cabs are expensive and there's no real system of public transportation in my town. Plus I don't have time. I'm carrying 15 credits this semester and working. Even with cutting down my work hours, doing both is still kicking my ass. I tend to get up 7 am and run around nonstop until 8 or 9 pm.

Maybe, if I just could find time to read books or go into NYC. But, I don't even have time to figure out what to do once I'm there...

No comments: